Terms & Conditions
Delegate Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
- In these Terms and conditions ‘the Company’ means Open Forum Events Ltd and ‘the Client’ (which expressions shall include any principal on whose behalf the Client Delegate Order Form overleaf (‘the Delegate Order’) is completed means the person, firm, company or organisation placing the order. Persons completing the Delegate Order shall be deemed to have authority so to do from the person, firm, company or organisation on whose behalf they are acting or purporting to act.
- Orders placed with the Company shall constitute a contract when the Client either signs for an Order, confirms acceptance by email or places a booking using our online booking facility. When placing your booking using our online facility if you complete using the wrong classification your ticket will be automatically charged and amended to the correct classification and cost.
- The Company will issue an invoice in advance of the Event for all registration bookings for delegates resident in the UK. Payment Terms are 30 days from date of invoice or immediately if the contract is signed within four weeks prior the Event. Overseas clients must pay for their ticket at the point of placing their booking, no refunds will be processed in respect of these bookings.
- If the Event is cancelled by the Company, the Company shall provide a full refund in respect of paid ticket invoices.
- On completion of the Order the stated price must be paid in full. The Company does not accept refunds on any promotions, group discounts or limited time offers not stated on the Order.
- The Client is liable for all collection and litigation costs and fees if the Company instructs a third party or litigation to collect non-payment of the invoice.
- The Company will clearly state in event related literature what the delegate fees cover. For events lasting for one day refreshments throughout the day are provided during specified breaks only. It is the delegates’ responsibility to inform the Company Events Team of any special dietary requirements no later than 7 days before the start of the event they are attending. Where delegates do not inform the Company of any special requirements, the Company cannot be held responsible.
- The Company Endeavours to cater for all delegates, however should a delegate have any special needs, i.e. wheel chair access, delegates should contact the Company with full details no later than 2 weeks before the start of the event they are attending.
- The company reserves the right to vary or cancel an Event where the occasion necessitates.
- Delegate tickets may be transferred to another date or event, but only at the discretion of the Company.
- The Client order upon signature acts as confirmation and delegate ticket. The company will issue a delegate badge upon the Client checking in at the delegate registration desk on the morning of the event.
- Event documentation is distributed at delegate registration.
- The company will forward venue details (address, maps, car parking instructions and travel directions) no later than one week before the event the Client is attending takes place.
- Once a delegate has been registered, the booking is strictly for the person named on the registration form. If a delegate/organisation (the Client) wishes to make any changes to the booking (i.e. change of delegate name), all requests should be put in writing and forwarded to the Events Team at the Company’s office in advance of the event. Failure to do so will result in invoices being issued for both delegates.
- Should a different person attend the event to that named on the delegate booking form, without prior agreement with the Company, then the Company will treat this as an additional delegate and will invoice accordingly. To avoid this, please adhere to the Company’s cancellation policy.
- The Client shall have the right to cancel the order within 7 days of the date hereon. However, the Client has no right to cancel if the order is placed within 28 days of the event. Notice must be given in writing by the Client using Recorded Delivery Post, other than aforesaid the Order is binding on the Client and payment is due in full.
- The company reserves the right to refuse admission and to remove persons from the premises for any reason where necessary. The Company may also have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of persons at the event.
- Save for where the Company’s prior written consent has been obtained, the use of photographic equipment is not allowed. All other recording and any transmission is prohibited including (without limitation) recording of any data, information or results of or relating to the Event and any participant. As a condition of entry to the Event you assign (by way of a present assignment of future copyright) the copyright in any photographs or recordings you make at the Event to the Company.
- The Company is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage, howsoever caused, to the bearer except where any loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees or agents.
- No unauthorised trading is permitted within the venue.
- In the interests of public safety, the Company reserves the right to request the Client to leave the venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the Event. No admission or re-admission is permitted after the end of the Event.
- Data Protection: The Company may periodically contact you with details of programmes and services that may be of interest to you and may pass your details to other companies within the Company’s group and selected clients. Please write to the Company if you do not wish to be included in this activity.
- If for any reason part of these terms and conditions are unenforceable, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- Contracts between the Client and the Company shall be governed by English Law and the Client and the Company submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- (a) Any payment due under the Order shall be made in full without set off or counterclaim. (b) In the event of non-payment or non-compliance of our payment terms then the Client shall be responsible for all legal, collection and debt recovery fees and costs.
- Disputes must be raised within 10 working days from the date of the invoice. Details of a dispute must be given in writing, (letters, fax and emails are acceptable forms of notification). Physical proof of delivery may be requested.
- The Client gives consent to The Company to carry out a credit search on the partners and directors of the organisation now or at a future date. The credit search will be recorded by the agency and may be disclosed to subsequent enquirers.
- If your ticket is complimentary there will be a £55 plus VAT administration charge if you do not attend the event. Written notice of non-attendance is to be received and acknowledged by The Company 48 hours before the event start date.
- The company will organise and stage the event in a professional manner, however the company will not be held responsible if any speaker or anyone scheduled to take part in the event programme withdraws their participation in the Event.
OPEN FORUM EVENTS DEL GEN – 09-13
Sponsor Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
1.1 In these Terms and Conditions “the Company” means Open Forum Events Ltd and “the Client” (which expressions shall include any principal on whose behalf the Client Order Form overleaf (“the Order”) is signed means the person, firm or company placing the order. Persons signing the Order shall be deemed to have authority so to do from the person, firm or company on whose behalf they are acting or purporting to act.
1.2 Orders placed with the Company shall constitute a contract when the Client either signs the Order or confirms acceptance by email.
1.3 The Company and the Client acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions have been given due consideration and that they are considered reasonable and fair to both parties.
1.4 The Company reserves the right to revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
2.1 A 25% non-refundable deposit is required at the point of invoice. You will be required to pay the full amount payable within 30 days of invoicing or within 7 days if the contract is signed within 30 days of the Event.
2.2 All payments to the Company shall be made without any set off, deduction, withholding or counterclaim.
2.3 Accounts are strictly net unless otherwise stated.
2.4 The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at eight percent above the base lending rate in force at the time the account becomes overdue.
2.5 The Client is liable for all collection and litigation costs and fees if the Company instructs a third party or litigation to collect non-payment of the invoice.
2.6 The Client shall have the right to cancel the order within 7 days of the date hereon. However, the Client has no right to cancel if the order is placed within 28 days of the event. Notice must be given in writing by the Client using Recorded Delivery Post, other than aforesaid the Order is binding on the Client and payment is due in full.
2.7 Payments made by cheque will incur a £5 plus VAT processing fee.
3.1 During the term, and subject to payment of the fees, the Company grant the Client the agreed sponsorship rights relevant to the Event and sponsorship package (as detailed in part 3 of the order) the promotion of the Clients products and services (“the products”) as set out below.
3.2 Subject to clause 6.1, the Company grants to the Client the various sponsorship rights set out in clause 3 (Rights) in relation to the Client’s sponsorship of the event described in the order commencing on the date the order is signed and ending on the conclusion of the Event (“the term”) for the fee detailed in Part 4 of the Order (“the fee”).
3.3 The right to describe the Event using the “Name of Event” detailed in part 1 of the Order (“the title”) and for the title to be used in all press and promotional usage undertaken by the Company in relation to the event. The Company will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that third parties describe the Event using the title. In addition to the right for the Client to use the title in connection with its promotion of its sponsorship of the Event, the Company shall also grant the Client the right to describe itself as “title Sponsor” of the appropriate sponsorship category detailed in part 3 of the Order.
3.4 Following receipt of the Clients signed Order, the Client will supply the Company with 100 words and logo and the Company will provide branding featuring the Client’s name and or logo on the official Event website.
3.5 Where applicable a hypertext link to the Clients website from the Company’s official Event website will be provided.
3.6 The Company will allocate to the Client a suitable space (at the Company’s discretion) in the Event programme which the Client can display its name and or logo.
3.7 The non-exclusive right to place further approved amounts of content on the official Event website will be agreed at the absolute discretion of the Company prior to posting content on the official Event website.
3.8 The Client will receive up to 5 delegate tickets depending on sponsorship package (allocated at the Company’s absolute discretion and provided at no extra cost).
3.9 The right by the client to purchase additional delegate tickets (subject to availability and additional cost to the Client) for the Event.
3.10 Any additional agreed promotional opportunities and rights as are available and on such terms as may be agreed from time to time.
3.11 The Company reserves the right to change the Event venue, the date of the Event or the Event title.
Each Party Warrants and undertakes to the other that:
4.1 It is duly authorised to enter into this Agreement and capable with its obligations under this Agreement.
4.2 The Company will organise and stage the event in a professional manner, however the company will not be held responsible if any speaker or anyone scheduled to take part in the event programme withdraws their participation in the Event.
4.3 The Company will refer to the Event using the title; and it will use all reasonable commercial endeavours within budgetary constraints to ensure the maximum promotional coverage of the event.
4.4 Should any term of this Agreement be considered void or voidable under applicable law, the said term shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the remainder of this Agreement valid or enforceable, unless the whole commercial object its thereby frustrated.
4.5 Each party shall bear its own costs incurred in relation to this proposed transaction whether or not it proceeds.
4.6 Any complaint regarding the Event must be made formally in writing or by email within 5 working days of the event taking place.
The Company may terminate this agreement at any time on giving reasonable written notice to the client (Using the contact details provided in Part 1 of the Order) if:
5.1 The Client is in material breach of any term of this Agreement.
5.2 The Client makes an agreement with its creditors, cannot pay its debts as they fall due, is declared insolvent, or has an administrator or receiver appointed.
5.3 Force Majeure – The Company is relieved of all its obligations if any act is outside the Company’s control which means the Company is unable to hold the Event such as: acts of god, danger of war, fire or severe disturbances affecting the organisation, venue or its suppliers.
6.1 Unless otherwise expressly stated in the Order and notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated in these Terms and Conditions, the Client’s rights under this Agreement are non-exclusive and the Company may offer sponsorship rights (which shall include, without limitation, main sponsorship, masterclass sponsorship, exhibition space, programme entries and website space) to any third party at the Company’s sole discretion.
6.2 Every Order shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which the Client purports to apply including (without limitation) under any earlier set of terms and conditions issued by the Company, any form of Order, any confirmation of order and/or any other documentation issued by the Client, whether or not such document is referred to in the Order.
6.3 The Company owns and/or controls the Event and all existing and future intellectual property rights attaching to the Event including without limitation copyright, registered and unregistered trademark and design rights and the accompanying goodwill thereto (‘the property rights’) and agrees that the Client has no right, title or interest thereto save as licensed hereunder.
6.4 The Company will promote the event and publish an online summary of the key talking points from the day at the Company’s discretion.
6.5 Except in the case of death or personal injury, the Company’s liability under this Agreement is limited to the amount of the fee. In addition, the Company is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss, any economic loss, or damage to goodwill suffered by the client and arising out of any breach by the company of any term of this Agreement, any negligence or otherwise.
6.6 The Client shall not use or permit the use of the Propriety Rights or any of the rights and licences granted herein in a manner, which in the reasonable opinion of the Company is or might be prejudicial or defamatory to the image of the Event owned or managed by the Company.
6.7 The Client shall notify the company of any suspected infringement of the Proprietary Rights, but to take no steps or action whatsoever in relation to such suspected infringement unless requested to do so by the Company.
6.8 The Client shall not make or cause to be made or issued any announcement to the press or media regarding its Rights or the Event or the Clients appointment as ‘main’ or ‘seminar’ sponsor (as detailed in part 3 of the order) except in the form approved of by the Company.
7 This contract is subject to and governed by the laws of England and Wales and the client and the company shall submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
8 The Client gives consent to The Company to carry out a credit search on the partners and directors of the organisation now or at a future date. The credit search will be recorded by the agency and may be disclosed to subsequent enquirers.
OPEN FORUM EVENTS GEN – 09-13