Managing Change: Public Services Beyond 2015
- 08:30 - 16:30
- Manchester Conference Centre
Jackie is a change activist with over 33 years’ experience working across the NHS and Social Care in clinical, strategic, operational, change management and commissioner roles.
Jackie is currently Head of Transformation for NHS Horizons Group who operate at the edge of new era thinking and practice in change and transformation. Jackie believes in working through the disruptive power of connection rather than hierarchy, helping people to think differently about the ‘rules of change’ and making sense of it in their own context.
Jackie is at the forefront of NHS transformation initiatives and has been the architect behind the development of the largest simultaneous improvement initiative across the NHS; ‘NHS Change Day’ a grassroots movement making over 800 pledges to improve patient care. It has been described as game changer and has spread to over 10 countries. Jackie has presented of this work worldwide.
As a commissioner Jackie was asked to lead the 12 month quality assurance review for Mid-Staffordshire Hospital, in what was the most challenging and turbulent time in the NHS, gaining first-hand experience of working with clinicians and patients to create change. Starting her career as a mental health nurse Jackie has a passion for working with and partnering with patients, which strongly defines her values for action.
1. NHS Change Day was winner of the global MIX Harvard Business Review/Mckinsey M-Prize: Leaders Everywhere Challenge – 2013
2. NHS Change Day was awarded in the 50 new radicals – NESTA/Observer – 2014
3. ‘Leaders Everywhere Challenge 2014’. Personal award, Harvard Business Review, for work on large scale change
4. Health Service Journal 50 BME Pioneers list – 2014