This e-learning course aims to help carers to ensure that they carry out everyday tasks compassionately and in ways that protect and promote the dignity of the people they support. The online materials include case studies, quizzes and activities to help reinforce key learning points for the various topics covered. In addition, learners will receive access to factsheets, useful links and an online assessment to check their learning on completion of the course. This course is popular with our professional carers and is also useful for informal carers and family members.
The course is broken down into 3 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Introduction and Guiding Principles
- Person-Centred Care and Other Issues
- Communication, Privacy and Confidentiality
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by the terms ‘compassion’, ‘dignity’ and ‘respect’
- List key factors that impact on the dignity of an individual
- Describe the most common ways in which a person's dignity can be undermined
- List legislation relating to human rights, dignity and respect
- Apply key learning points to ensure care is person-centred
- Describe the role of communication in demonstrating compassion and dignity
and lots more ...