Managing Change: Transforming Public Services
- 08:30 - 16:45
- Pendulum Hotel & Manchester Conference Centre
Leatham began his career in the hospitality sector, before moving into the National Health Service and, for the past 15 years, into Local Government. Initially Leatham managed the Schools Meals Service for Kent County Council and then for East Sussex County Council.
Leatham is Assistant Director: HR for East Sussex County Council, leading the delivery of HR to over 15,000 employees.
On successfully completing an MBA at the University of Kent in Canterbury, Leatham changed direction in his career and took on the challenge of managing ICT, HR and Finance for one of East Sussex County Council’s departments. Leatham has led on the implementation of the Council’s corporate IiP accreditation, implementation of SAP (HR, finance, payroll, pensions and procurement), leadership development and a range of high impact organisation development interventions.
He is a successful team and individual coach and a master practitioner of NLP. Leatham introduced the award winning mediation service into the Council in 2009. Leatham is an accredited mediator trained by Globis and CEDR. Leatham has recently completed a Master Degree in Employment Law from Leicester University Law School.
Leatham lives in Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex with his partner and whippet. He is an avid fan of Kate Bush, and achieved one of his ambitions of seeing Kate perform live in 2014.
• Winner of The Guardian Public Servants 2013 Award in HR Excellence
• Winner of Personnel Today Award 2012 – Innovation in Conflict Resolution
• Winner of Public Service People Management Association 2011 – Innovation in HR
• Winner of Public Service People Management Association 2009 – Wellbeing
• Winner of Recruiter Magazine Award 2011 – Employer Branding
• Winner of Local Government Chronicle – Management Team Challenge 2003, 2005 and 2011